Thursday, September 18, 2014

A little background

A little bit about me.

My name is Vicki Voorhis, and I am a wife to Stephen, and mother to my feisty 18 month old, SJ, and a middle school science teacher at Grace Christian School.  My life is crazy busy, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  This year I teach until 10:30, and then I have my little guy for the rest of the day.

My two loves.


I am mama to Stephen James (SJ) who constantly keeps me busy.  He loves to be outside and/or climbing something.  He's my little miracle boy! (*see below)

I am a Virginia transplant from Florida by way of Indiana.  Who am I as a person?  I am a Christian; I am an avid reader (or at least I used to be before my son); I love seeing new approaches to problems; I love kids of all ages even when they are being obnoxious :); I am mostly an introvert and completely non-confrontational.

*When I was 28 and unmarried, I found out I had ovarian tumors.  I had to have all of one ovary removed and most of the other.  The tumors were diagnosed as low malignant potential so according to the doctors I am a cancer survivor, but I don't feel worthy to be grouped with those who had to endure long treatments.  After my surgery, I was told that I would not be able to have children.  My blood work basically came back as post menopausal.  Almost 4 years to the day after my surgery, I gave birth to my son who was conceived without medical intervention.  I know God works miracles and answers prayers.  I see living proof every day!
I have no idea what the topics will be from day to day.  I'm sure whatever is on my mind at the moment.  I may occasionally be inspired and actually post recipes, but more than likely, I'll be chronicling my life and my thoughts.  I look forward to seeing if anyone ever actually reads this.

I don't have all the answers.  Some days, I don't know if I have any of the answers.  This is just me living life... one day at a time.

Feel free to live it along with me!

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment